View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018, 01:08   #190
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
The thing is mate you don't really need those really high speeds to get a decent stream, this is why I think that Sky will come out on top when they introduce Sky Q, without the need for a big ugly dish on the outside of your house.
This is true mate, i get perfectly solid 1080p streams on my 38mbs connection, this also streams my gaming from both pc and ps4 to twitch with no problems at all.
Also it's perfectly fine for live sports aka nbcsport, espn i get the full 1080p quality stream with loads of bandwidth left to play with.
However i think big households who use a lot of devices would certainly benefit from high speeds, but my 38mbs is fine for me on my own and i'm a pro gamer.
When SKYQ online comes this year 38mbs will be perfectly fine for it in small households, most people will be fine with the 80mbs too.
Although info we have is all fibre isps that use Openreaches network are going to move 38mbs to 52mbs anyway over the next 2 years.