View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018, 22:41   #188
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I thought this was the whole point of the tivo v6. Virgin Media are usually so lazy and don't really do anything unless they have to. Yet they launched a superior product to Sky Q (in my eyes), brag about their broadband speeds being so great but don't actually take advantage of the tivo v6.

i assume laziness has set in again rather than exploiting the quality of the v6 and their broadband speeds by offering a wide range of apps. How can amazon reject it?

"hey amazon will you let us offer your app on our tivo so people can buy and watch your shows?"
"no...we dont want to make money"

Has to be laziness or cheap virgin since liberty rammed in and decided "lets increase prices massively above inflation each year but never try to challenge other services"
I can assure you from various review sources the SKYQ is far superior to the V6, the v6 is a cracking bit of kit though but nowhere near the level of SKYQ.
As for broadband another thing vm are starting to fall behind on with companies like hyperoptic, gigaclear having 1gbs service and BT, Talktalk and SKY rolling out 330mbs too.
Although i was chatting to a vm engineer today just a passing chat he was cabling up a neighbour and i asked him about vms bb and he said they're trialing faster speeds but he not allowed to say what.
I think it's the 1gbs i mentioned at the final quarter of last year.