Old 14-04-2012, 20:05   #5
mhisani
Inactive

Services: VM 30mbit superhub.
mhisani is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cambridge CMTS 17-2 / CMTS 15-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
You literally can't be moved from one UBR to another from the flick of a switch, you're still on UBR 2, just on another range of IPs the way i understand it, possibly just routed differently, hmm
... You obviously are unaware of how they can work allow me to copy the email I get from Virgin CEO office:

I checked my Virgin Email addy and they finally made some sense:

Hi REMOVED,

With regards to the information I can provide you with this is not much due to the business sensitivity however I can confirm CMTS 15 is receiving a new upstream, this will be the 3rd upstream however until this work is completed (due to end Mid April) the number of devices across the 3 CMTS in your area have been balanced to minimise the effect of utilisation.

Once the 3rd upstream has been completed you will be moved back to CMTS 15 where the service will be working correctly and the number of devices connected will be equally balanced.

I hope this information helps,

Kindest Regards,

REMOVED

NAMED REMOVED|Chief Executives Office
Virgin Media, PO Box 238, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 0WJ
CONTACT REMOVED| REMOVED@virginmedia.co.uk

24 Mar

to REMOVED

Understood.

So just to confirm the moving of some connections to CMTS 17-2 is until CMTS 15-2 has recieved new upsteam in the coming weeks and then I will be moved back to CMTS 15-2?

26 Mar

to me
Hi REMOVED,

I can confirm this is correct.

Best,

REMOVED
mhisani is offline   Reply With Quote