View Single Post
Old 29-03-2024, 10:15   #28
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: What do you have now in terms of a TV Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Remember there is still a need for the original TiVo as it doesn't require a broadband connection. I know one or two older customers that have no interest in having broadband (no smartphone, tablet etc) but want pay TV.

I would then assume if you have to keep the original TiVo then there is little point in forcing V6 to 360 migration as the software still needs to be supported somehow.

Of course the answer would be to offer 'free' broadband to those original TiVo customers migrating to a 360, VM wouldn't do that surely
I think sooner rather than later VM will write to TV only customers telling them that the Tivo box will be switched off on this date and you need to 'upgrade' to VM's broadband service if you wish to continue to access television services via Virgin Media.

I wonder if Virgin Media would add a note in the small print of that letter that if you refuse the 'upgrade' you will be seen as breaching your contract and be made to pay contract break charges, which I believe is every single penny you would have paid for the remaining period of the contract.

I'm just so relieved that I am no longer a customer of Virgin Media.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote