Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who : Season 6
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:53   #50
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all
Re: Doctor Who : Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Makes it a lot better in my opinion.

You will have a mid-season finale on a cliffhanger and the Season finale two-parter to watch

Although I dont have any idea why they do it? Top Gear has the same format.

I assume it's to spread it out or something?
Because the American TV industry is geared that way, and the BBC will do whatever is required to give their shows the maximum exposure over there?

Given how the complete series (already broadcast in the UK) would be available on the net before the show's even returned from the notorious mid season break, it would potentially jeopardize the viewing figures, level of success and as such any revenue streams.

Although I've never watched BBC America (Maybe they run UK shows from start to finish?) i would guess the BBC would love to sell their programs to as many networks as they can, so will bend over backwards to make them as US friendly as possible.

Which of course means, at some point, we'll probably have to suffer another American doctor

Regarding the upcoming series..
Spoiler: 
I'm guessing that President Kennedy is in fact "the best man I've ever known" that River ends up serving time in the Stormcage for killing, but I'm really really hoping that it's not the main theme for this series, as i just don't care enough about JFK, and also think that it'll be near impossible to top Red Dwarf's version of what really happened that day
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote