Thread: Tivo V6 Weird TV annoyance
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2018, 18:51   #11
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Weird TV annoyance

Bizarrely I've found a fix, of sorts.

I recalled how the text on the Sound Effects menu mentions it may be affected by Dolby Digital setting. So I thought maybe switching the sound effects ON might suppress the change that is triggering the information banner.

So I changed the Sound Effects from Off to Low and hey presto, it worked. Or it worked for one night. So I decided to try it in combination with my trick that worked on the previous Tivo and I changed it from Dolby Digital to Dolby to PCM.

And it's still working 3 days later. The bloops are a tad annoying (and I'd hate to try them set at a higher volume, Low is loud) but them versus the banner and I'll take the sound effects. The sounds take a fraction of a second whereas the banner takes maybe 5 seconds to disappear.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote