Thread: Tivo V6 Weird TV annoyance
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2018, 19:26   #7
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Weird TV annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
I am afraid there is no cure. I had this problem myself and as you say it is a quirk with some newer range Sony televisions. i am assuming it says HDMI 1 or something like that. In the end I had to change my television which was a shame as apart from that the Sony was a great tv but it just really bugged me.

From a previous discussion on another forum a helpful poster stated to me

It's caused when the connected device mutes and brings back to the audio stream, or makes some kind of HDCP check. The TV is just displaying the information banner as if it has been put back on the input (which it has in a way). It's not a fault and quite useful really.
As far as I remember, older (2014) Sonys had the option where you could change the info banner style to a reduced type one that just showed HDMI name.
Either way, I don't find it an issue, and it's quite normal for TVs.
If it bothers (it's only on screen for 5 seconds), you can just press BACK on the Sony r/c to clear it.
Maybe changing HDMI audio to PCM on the source device stops it from reloading the audio stream in a trick function, I can't recall Credit MarcoPoloHouse

In my case it did bother me but the changing to pcm trick no longer works as you know. I spoke to Sony about it, they say it is not a fault.
Just saw your edit.

Based on that I have a thought. Given that packaging claims on certain HDMI cables claim compatibility with newer HDMI standards maybe I should try a few different cables.

As it happens I actually used the cable from my old Tivo rather than the one in the box Virgin Media sent. I might as well try it.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Make sure you only have one format selected in the V6 Video Output Formats setting screen. The TV may be resetting when the V6 switches resolution.
I didn't know you can do more than one, I thought you picked one and the Tivo hardware scaled it. The box picked one when it set itself up.

Currently set to 1080p. No other boxes ticked.

That other one, 1080p with the fps, in what scenario would that option be used?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote