Thread: Tivo V6 Weird TV annoyance
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2018, 19:10   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Weird TV annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
I am afraid there is no cure. I had this problem myself and it is a quirk with Sony televisions.
The odd thing is it isn't all of them. My 10 yr old TV was Sony and it didn't do anything whatsoever like that when changing channels or at ad breaks. And according to things I've read some of their other models that are based on different platforms e.g. their Android TVs you can switch information bar off entirely in the settings.

I just wish the PCM Tivo audio setting had the same effect on the V6 as the original VM Tivo as I was perfectly OK with that, I couldn't tell the difference sound wise.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote