View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 21:40   #11
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
Re: Belkin Wireless Router and NTL... keeps losing Internet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane1984
man i have exact same situation my pc wired to router with 2mb ntl and downstairs pc connected wireless . . and when on BF or browsing at times wireless pc will complain of lose to internet and even i get both pcs suffering lag in gaming were i will ping to high rates of 700+

ive tried a 11mb and 54g usb stick for wireless both had same effect on entire network connection i ve been told its the wireless side causing the drop cause its receiving too many packets or something. but i used to have 11mbps belkin and it did same thign after awhile lost connection randomly. so i bought this 54g, to be honest if i dont find fix soon am going out and buying a netgear rangemax!!!!! cause belkin is f ing me off.
Akane, the problem that you have is something that no wireless network will solve... you run 2 games on 2 pc's online and okay sometimes not but then your still using say TS and otehr things that might eat a bit of your UPSTREAM bandwith, until we get in the uk something like 1MEG upstream you wont be able to run 2 high end games at the same time without lag... also WLAN was not designed for gaming but more for general internet stuff.

RANGEMAX is the same as the belkin Pre-N and trust me that still wont solve your problem with pings and ****e like that it still comes via radio instead of ethernet, if you want to game on wireless you need something like 802.11A instead of B or G or even what the rangemax is super g aka 802.11N.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote