View Single Post
Old 12-05-2024, 23:57   #834
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes I agree!!!!!

Its not like there are no commercials so what are ppl paying for??

I have read over the years alot of people do not pay and they dont find out but then I read they can pull up outside your house and detect if your watching TV..

Yes I know with CRT they could (Just check for various signals (550am is one)) but with these flat screen things I dont think they give off any RF do they??

I mean not like a CRT that if you pull in front of somones house and goto 550am you can tell if its on.... (It makes a certain sound)
No they've never been able to check, all their stories of detector vans etc were just scare tactics. Empty vans with a dish or aerial on tip driving round random locations.

Many people do not pay the TV licence now as they feel its outdated and wrong. Or they just don't like the BBC. Some don't pay as they no longer watch live broadcast TV others don't pay but still watch.

BBC channels themselves do not have any adverts at all. All other channels do have adverts but even if you didn't watch any BBC or listen to the radio then you still must pay.