Thread: Wifi Calling
View Single Post
Old 30-04-2024, 15:09   #12
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Wifi Calling

Thank you for all the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Surely you can just turn wifi off on the computer ?
I have done this as I cannot connect to the internet unless the ethernet cable is pulled into my computer.

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think you are misunderstanding the question and situation.

The OP is not talking about making wifi calls from the PC. But using the mobile phone to make/receive calls over WiFi as his mobile signal isn't great at home.

However the PC is connected by ethernet to router as the OP doesn't want the PC to use the WiFi connection, preferring wired. Was asking if he enables the routers WiFi again, if they can turn of the PCs WiFi, thereby ensuring it will still be utilising the wired connection.
That is precisely what I am asking Stephen.

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
Leave the wifi off (on the router)

Create a hotspot on Windows 10 or Windows 11, open the Settings app, navigate to Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot, then click the toggle to share your internet connection. Click "Edit" to customize the network name and password..

The PC will not connect to the router via wifi.
Thank you for that input but I use a Mac, not a PC.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote