Thread: Wifi Calling
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2024, 22:02   #6
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Wifi Calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think they meant WiFi calling on their mobile, but have WiFi disabled as they only want the PC to connect to router via ethernet. .
Haven't tried it myself, but surely you can enable WiFi on the PC but with a wired connection to the internet. To have WiFI calling, there has to be a connection to the internet somewhere.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
I have issues making calls and have been told that Wifi Calling is the solution to this. However I use an ethernet cable with the wireless aspect of the router switched off and to make Wifi Calling work, I would have to switch this on.

My computer has the wifi logo with a line through it, which underlines that the computer is not connecting to the internet wirelessly. However, if I set up Wifi Calling, and thereby switch on the wireless aspect of my computer, would I still be able to stop my computer connecting wirelessly to the internet, thereby only being online on my computer when the ethernet cable is plugged in?
How else would your computer connect to the internet? The router has WiFi disabled, so there's no other possible path than wired.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote