View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 12:47   #81
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Online Safety Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
As previously stated, it's no longer a Bill, it's now an Act of Parliament.

The first ever case of online rape inside a virtual reality video game has been referred to police for investigation.

The avatar of a little girl was sexually assaulted by a group of characters. Detectives believe that she was believed to have been wearing a headset and suffered the same psychological trauma as someone who had been raped in the realworld.

Sexual offending of both adults & children in virtual environments has become rife and cannot be allowed to continue.
You can previously state as much as you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that this will be eventually watered down.

Can you point me to the legal definition of the offence of ‘online rape’ I’m unable to find one.

Can you also provide statistics as to how you reach the assement that it’s ripe ?

I think by you classifying someone as being sexually assaulted and using the term online rape you dilute/lessen the impact/severity of the offences that physically occur. Whilst the mental impact may be similar a virtual offence cannot for obvious reasons result in unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease or physical damage.