Thread: Streaming Moon Knight
View Single Post
Old 30-04-2022, 09:39   #40
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Moon Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Because when other people start moaning as well i like to prove a point that i was right to start off with
It doesn’t mean you’re right … it just means you’re not the only one who always orders the egg and chips

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
I agree, it's a refreshing change to start to learn about the character as he starts to learn about himself, rather than standard vigilante origin story, and yes, the twist was a nice touch, about who is "real".

What I find most confusing about it, is why someone who doesn't like it continues to show so much interest in it?
They’ve played a blinder, really. We meet Steven first, and when we meet Mark he’s the face in the mirror who seems violent and a bit crazy and demands control of the body. Steven is English and living in London while Mark is American. We struggle with the idea that Steven isn’t real because he has been framed as real throughout the whole story. Then in the latest episode the psychiatric ward is the hallucination, scenes in an American home are all just disjointed memory and ancient Egyptian mythology - in this case Taweret on a boat in the desert - is their here-and-now reality. They made us care about Steven, be suspicious of Mark and suffer the confusion of trying to separate reality from fantasy. Altogether an utterly different approach to what you normally get when the condition traditionally called schizophrenia is tackled in film and TV, where the whole thing is typically played either for laughs (e.g. Me, Myself and Irene) or lazily portrays the emerging personality as strange or violent.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote