View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 21:52   #116
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: GB News (New UK News channel coming soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The technical problems will be fixed in time. Not a huge statement on the future of the channel, it'll be if they can find an audience for an opinion led TV channel.

The other thing they need to fix is the lighting and camera set-up. I watched a bit of their morning show which has four main presenters but they've chosen to frame the entire desk in shot throughout the show, rather than cutting to close-ups of the current speaker, so they look oddly distant from the camera. The lighting is very dark as well.
The thing is that these technical problems give a bad impression and people tuning in may decide not to return again.

If someone tried out a new restaurant and had issue after issue that was explained away by them being a new business I doubt they'd go again as they'd expect them to be professional from the start.

Andrew Neil hinted at the problems yesterday by more or less saying that they are to be expected with a new station, with new staff using new equipment.

They've had plenty of time to practice though, especially as their launch was delayed. What would it be like if they had launched on time!?

Personally, i'll continue to have it on in the background for a bit longer to see if it's for me or not.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 14-06-2021 at 21:55.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote