View Single Post
Old 18-06-2018, 13:06   #3084
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't disrespect the work the civil servants do. I just happen to think they are wrong on this particular subject.
You seem to be in awe of them, for some reason.
Where have I said I'm in awe of them? I just happen to respect the work of hard-working British economists and civil servants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
I
What is important however, is the general trend of the studies. All studies except the Economists for Brexits study predict a lower performance for the UK compared to our local peers. There is no solid figure agreed between the studies on the absolute effect of Brexit as each model is different. However, if they all point in the same direction, it's worth paying some kind of attention to the general trend. Again, this is much like climate change where 90 odd percent of studies agree that there is a predicted upturn in global temperatures but no solid agreement in how much.
When 99% of considered predictions point to one thing, the odds are that they are right. Or as others have said, time to pop to Robert Dyas and purchase your tin hats if you feel otherwise.