View Single Post
Old 27-02-2018, 13:22   #261
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I continue to be amazed by people that tell us there's nothing worth watching on the pay TV channels and it's all about streaming but who continue to subscribe and pay for Virgin TV.
Well, I've never said that, and yet again, what I have said is either deliberately twisted, misremembered or not understood.

What I have said is that pay tv is poor value for money when you compare what's on there with terrestrial TV and streaming services.

As I have said more than once, I pay for the Sky channels to ensure that my wife and I don't miss out on the small number of shows that are worth watching. With the subscriptions pitched as high as they are, and the relatively small amount of watchable material on the non-premium Sky channels, I really think we are being ripped off. If the choice on Sky continues to deteriorate, I may well give up subscribing to this service, but at the moment I am waiting for developments that provide me with a better, comprehensive service, probably through cheaper or better value 'on demand' or new cloud options.