View Single Post
Old 26-01-2018, 11:42   #1705
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Another Brexit scare story me thinks, key word ‘could’, not ‘would’. There are lots of things that got put forward that ‘could’ happen right after the Brexit vote, they didn’t. Enough said.
Ironically, elsewhere you said that remainers use the same arguments again and again, while arguing (again) that the various predictions made about Brexit have not happened. So, I would argue (probably again, although I cannot find any specific examples) that the fact that not all of the bad stuff predicted has happened (I would argue some has, such as record drops in the value of the pound), does not mean it will not happen when we leave. Even the remain campaign said it would not happen immediately. In fact, if anything negative happens it is likely to be over the next decade or two.

In short, paraphrasing Private Eye, one possible reason that **** hasn't hit the fan yet is that no one has started the fan.