View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 20:50   #2872
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It should be banned, it's full of total BS. But it won't be and it's too late any way, advanced copies are out there.
America has far weaker libel laws than we do. Very hard to ban books/newspapers in America. Even in the UK though this would be allowed. You're traditionally fine writing books about politicians because it looks bad for politicians to try and suppress it. Cameron never sued over the book about him that contained the pig story even though a lot of that was clearly dubious.

How would you even ban it? You can't ban something for not being true with the evidence being the President says it isn't.

Quote:
One of the debunked claims is that Tony Blair is suppose to have met with Kushner back in February 2017 and told him the UK has spied on Trump. This is a claim both Tony Blair has denied today and GCHQ in the past. The meeting was also to get Trump to give Tony Blair a Middle East diplomatic role. I think it is very far fetched that Blair would do this.
I agree but my understanding is that the book doesn't claim this but quotes someone else saying it/suggesting it (I would have to read the passage). Also for the bugging thing I think the story is saying Blair told Trump there were newspaper reports of it rather than passing off any inside knowledge he had.

Quote:
Another claim the book makes is that Trump goes to bed at 6.30pm in the evening to eat cheese burgers. I mean wtf, this is pure parody, this is made up BS to drive up sales.
Again. Is he claiming that first hand or reporting gossip? That makes a difference.

Quote:
Wolff claims he had unvetted access to the President and the West Wing, which Sarah Sanders has said tonight is total nonsense, access to the President is strictly limited and repeated requests, at least 14 requests were denied for Wolff to interview Trump.
It depends what 'unvetted access' is defined as. However it's clear he did have several interviews with the staff and a '5-7 minute' conversation with Trump himself: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-trump-322289