View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 21:24   #341
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Slightly older Hugh....

The 'whatever' was frustration at the Govt. having done nothing, even if was part privatisation or the German/French system. They have just let the NHS rot, as they and their families don't use it. Do something/'whatever', not nothing except make cuts.

You say you'd be happy to pay more tax? Try putting forward a motion at the next Tory conference, good luck ! If it's not increasing the wealth of those there they won't be interested.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Jeremy has said 'sorry' anyway, so that's all sorted then....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42552267
Once again you focused on half of my statement, overlooking the second part of the statement about alternative approaches.

btw, last Tax Year, as I contracted half the year and was Permie the rest, I paid quite a lot in PAYE and NI, so you can see I have no issue paying tax (I could have drastically reduced my Tax and NI bill by setting up as a Limited Company, but chose not to). Also, I haven’t been to a Party Conference in over 20 years.

How much extra tax would you personally be willing to pay?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 03-01-2018 at 21:38.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote