View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 09:08   #1002
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

To be honest I think the price freeze is a bad policy even before you consider part of it could never be delivered on anyway. TFL is a pretty decent provider and as much as I dislike paying more money I would rather the costs reflect the delivery of the service and the continued investment required in the network to avoid it collapsing. If you freeze prices which not only stops that from happening but is a real-terms cut in funding when you take into account inflation. TFL will have to find the money elsewhere or face budgets cuts somewhere else.

The tube is one of the oldest in the world and is dealing with constant increases in capacity. TFL have been continually improving the network from the trains to the signals to entirely new lines and still they have to fight this old network such as modern demands of it.

I am all for cheaper tickets but that should be done by reducing the cost of providing the service whilst protecting future investment rather than artificially freezing fares.