View Single Post
Old 31-12-2017, 16:47   #76
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Virgin's main selling point will always be Broadband just as Sky's is Television. It really depends which all round offering suits your households needs the best.
I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.
I would go further as someone who recently invested in a reasonably future proof 4K TV and say that VM's broadband speeds will become their most important USP.
I have jumped through many hoops to get my 4K setup right and much of it relies on a good internet speed, unless you have a very large TV the resolution is kind of unimportant, any semi decent modern TV will upscale a broadcast HD picture to a very acceptable picture on the 4K TV, the trick to getting noticeably better pictures is having the ability to use the various HDR and Dolby Vision modes and at the moment that remains in the realms of Netflix, Amazon Prime and 4K Bluerays for content delivery, the former two rely on a good internet speed which is where VM excel.

As an aside some people are posting they want VM to add UHD content, can anyone with a V6 and Netflix answer me whether it just shows Netflix in 4K or does it also use Dolby Vision too?