View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 19:59   #2476
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

The old rumour has rumbled again, vm looking to create a tvanywhere app for playstation 4 and xbox one.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Was the commercially produced content that you mentioned before produced by A&E? Are the promotions for the Community Channel or A&E/Blaze?

It is a surprising situation!

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Re: Freesports, Fox News etc.

I wonder if VM could get away with pseudo adding these to the EPG by doing a BBC3? They wouldn't be showing these channels without authorisation, but simply pointing viewers to a publically available internet stream!

I don't think that ITV offer a live internet stream, so if they continue to demand retransmission fees perhaps VM could do a deal with tvPlayer??

Not that I'd want to encourage this as we wouldn't be able to record anything.

Edit: I can't find a live stream for Freesports, so if they don't offer this my idea wouldn't be possible (I've sent them a message to ask them).
ITV have live streams via itv hub on most platforms https://www.itv.com/hub/itv