View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 12:47   #360
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Some victims insisted that they wanted to stay in the same area, citing such soundbites as "local support network". When they were offered somewhere, they turned it down on the grounds that they didn't want to have sight of the burned out flats!!!
People want to live close enough that their children can attend the same schools as well. Which is fair enough.

I think Osem is right that people shouldn't be stirring up the resentment over the time it's taking to find out the precise death toll when it seems like that it's simply how long it will take. The investigators don't seem to be dragging their feet but are instead dealing with a difficult issue. It's disappointing to see politicians trying to push that angle.

But as for the families people should remember that they are understandably upset and angry. It's very easy to be objective and analytical on the outside but considerable harder if you are directly involved. I think few of us know how they're feeling.

It's also hard to tell the victims to trust the system to deliver justice when they think it's already failed them to tragic effect. Someone above mentioned Hillsborough and whilst I think that comparison is too early it's an example of why you should also retain skepticism over the word of the authorities and listen to the victims.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote