View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 08:30   #493
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Forgot to mention the Ikea rise and fall type cellular blind I fixed last week. I've never seen anything like the cord mechanism inside those damned things. It took ages to work out what the problem was even after I'd finally resorted to removing one of the other blinds and using that as a guide. Even so, trying to re-run the cord through the complex series of wheels/pulleys with so little room to play with was a real pain. I got there in the end after about 4 hours of fiddling.

Yesterday I fixed the power cable of my hedge trimmer which got snagged and tugged whilst I was cutting out hedges, causing a failed connection within the body of the trimmer. Luckily It was a simple case of opening it up and reinstating the wires in the terminal block. Looking at it, the cable clamp isn't all that secure so I reckon a lot of these machines fail for the same reason and probably get checked away by people who can't be bothered to open them up.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote