View Single Post
Old 22-03-2016, 22:04   #712
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post

I agree there will be a selection of streaming services available in the future, it will just be alongside linear TV.
That's actually the same view I have.. I think the Linear channels are going to be around for at least a few more decades.

My reasoning? Simple. There are large sections of the population all over the world that do not have good enough internet access for streaming to be a realistic proportion and without massive investment in infrastructure (which will take years, if it happens), they will not have adequate internet access for a long time. Even with adequate investment, it's going to take a long time. In the meantime, these people mostly have access to broadcast linear TV, so will be a potentially huge market for advertisers.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote