View Single Post
Old 26-02-2016, 12:20   #2746
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The other cat will eat anything and I mean anything, however the timid one won't touch anything you try to put down for him.

So straight to mouth is the only way to give him the tablet.
Our rescue cat is petrified of most human contact and as far as meds go (he has Calici Virus requiring daily doses of pain killers and Interferon) we had to find an alternative way of getting them into his system. He will only eat raw meats and we couldn't make sure that he was getting his full doses but eventually we hit on giving him his meds mixed into squirty cream and now he sits waiting for his daily 'treat'. We can't give him the commercial stuff in an aerosol as they all contain sugar or sweeteners so we have to make our own which is a faff but it sure makes the job of giving him his meds easier.

Now if I could just find a home based, stress free, way of getting rid of the matted lumps of fur that this now very fit, extremely long haired cat has developed.

ah well, that's a problem that only the vet and a general anaesthetic will be able to sort out.....

.......I don't suppose anyone has one of those total cover, bomb disposal outfits going spare? Failing that tips on surviving getting an irate, kamikaze, spread eagled cat into a cat carrier for his journey to the vet would be very welcome.