View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 22:15   #6215
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not in my opinion as if that was the case then why has it not shown any sport in its 9 years as its remit was for a certain type of programme/series and Dave like Yesterday and several others channels is veering far too far from the remit of what the channel should be showing in my opinion.
Dave's previous strapline was (and may still be) "The home of witty banter" which I'm not sure boxing is! However, Dave's male orientated audience should be a good fit for the sport.
Why has Dave not shown any sport before? Probably cost. But one reason that may have encouraged Dave to show the match is Channel 5. UK TV has positioned itself against the Channel 5 Group of channels and stated that it has more viewers. It needs to maintain this margin and this is a good opportunity to do so. The most likely competitor for the match was probably not a pay TV station like Box Nation (extra £11pm) but a Channel 5 group channel namely Channel 5 or Spike.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote