View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 19:37   #360
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As with so many arguments advanced in this thread, you start with the assumption that someone could change something about the (usually entirely successful) way they do things in order to accommodate a limitation of VOD.

It's pointless. People and corporations do things the way they do because they work.
It seems to me that you're the one limiting things (and in a kind of patronising way). I've pointed out that it is perfectly feasible to do it. In my view, at this point in time, Netflix don't have adds because they don't want them. If they ever wanted to, they would work with the corporations to make it work successfully for both parties.

Quote:
The only thing stopping them doing so now is that as a marketplace for ad agencies, they are small beer indeed, and it is worth their while to make a virtue out of a necessity.
And that is the crux of our difference of opinion on this 'advertising' aspect of Netflix at this point in time: You believe they want to run adds, but advertisers aren't interested in them. I believe that, at this point in time, Netflix have no intention of running adds because they don't want to.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote