Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2015, 15:54   #1
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
What to do?

My Android phone, a Sony Xperia L, has been playing up so I called Virgin who advised doing a factory reset and see if that helps things. They said if not then it was likely a hardware issue. Here's the thing though:

I asked if it was a hardware issue, would I able to upgrade my phone early with no penalty. They didn't know, said they would ask and then put me on hold. Five minutes later, they hung up on me without answering. I called back and got a different person, they also didn't know and again got cut off after being on hold 5 minutes later.

If it is a hardware issue, what are my legal rights? Can I demand a replacement phone for remainder of contract, demand to be allowed to upgrade early without penalty, or send back for repair and go without a phone for God knows how long?

So far, the phone is working but just want to know where I stand should the issue come back again.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote