View Single Post
Old 19-07-2014, 10:00   #144
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6x View Post
Hmmm might be coming this way then!

At the height of the storm here last night, about 12:30am, there was a terrific flash an almighty crash of thunder and my desktop PC shutdown. When I rebooted it the network interface card was cooked, luckily seems to be the only damage so now running temporarily on a spare wireless adaptor!
If you get a ground strike it can shift the earth potential up hundreds of volts locally. This creates surges in any wiring in the vicinity, somewhat like an EMP event, you don't even need to get struck to be subject to shocks and for electronics to get fried.