View Single Post
Old 14-05-2014, 16:53   #593
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Further update Sky have indeed suspended my NowTV account which confirms the CS were lying.
If I were you, i'd carefully check both the linear TV and Now TV contracts and look for anything that allows them to recover money in this way. I'd also do some research to confirm whether the two companies are officially connected.

If the companies are officially connected, you were misled/lied to by CS. If not, this is as ridiculous as Marks & Spencer witholding £5 of your change and passing it onto a third party because you owe them a fiver!

Additionally, even if it is in the contract, it doesn't always follow that they are allowed to do what the contract says they can do. If the contract is deemed unfair, illegal, null and void etc, the fact that you may have agreed to it is irrelevant.

Either way, my next port of call would be to lodge a formal complaint with those responsible for upholding trading standards in your area. Doing this will trigger an investigation

Let me know if I can be of any further help (I may also be able to put you in touch with a third party whose job it is to check contracts).

Good luck!