View Single Post
Old 14-04-2014, 15:19   #2056
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Remember then we had to have a new thread nearly every month because of all the channel launches?? I wonder what has changed to make virgin media go from 3 channel launches a month on average (mainly rubbish) to literally not launching a single thing since january.

A lot of it has been about "broadband speeds" but considering majority of broadband around the UK has mega utilisation issues (im on 100MB and i can't get 2MB during peak) is this something to brag about? I wouldnt put all my eggs in one basket then a lot of people are very, very angry on the VM official forum about what they're getting. I left a very polite thread over my issues in the L10 area. There is a lot of mega profanity about VM broadband issues. Even more anger over the VM bragging over the telephone service being awarded top in the UK.

Whoever decided to stop launching channels and "content" and start concentrating on "speed" and "internet services" needs to be taken to the hang mans rope. Never concentrate all your service on an area which is really, really struggling.

The fact VM can now go "nahhh dont need anymore channels we're broadband baby!!" shows upper management are so detached from their product it frightens me. I'm being quoted huge reference numbers to call up to get a "refund". i asked why i can't get a refund automatically since VM know im getting dangerously bad broadband speeds. I was told "It hadnt been agreed".

Its a case of the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is talking about. If i didnt despise sky so much i would leave happily now. The fact VM think they're in a position to stop adding channel content really, really annoys me.
Bar the Sky Channels can you name anymore 'Must have' channels?

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

I would 'Like' to have:

CI HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
CI +1
HISTORY HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Lifetime +1
Lifetime HD
BoxNation HD
Pick +1
Sky1 +1 (Broadcasts in Smallworld areas right now).
Sky Sports F1 HD
Sky Sports 3 HD
Sky Sports 4 HD
Sky Sports News HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Chart Show TV
Blass
Flava
Kix
POP
Pop Girl
Scuzz
Starz TV
The Vault
Disney Channel HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Disney Junior HD
Disney XD HD
Capital FM TV
Heart FM TV
True Drama
True Movies 2
Nat Wild HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Comedy Central Extra +1
More>Movies
Movies 4 Men (Broadcasts in Smallworld areas right now).
Sony Movie Channel
E! HD
Universal Channel HD
MTV CLASSIC (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland and Smallworld areas right now).
MTV LIVE
MTV +1 (Broadcasts in Smallworld areas right now).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info