View Single Post
Old 16-12-2008, 22:16   #67
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media to dump neutrality and target BitTorrent users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8er_boi6000 View Post
Also, even if I where to use a torrent for an illegal means, so freakin what. I am getting sick of internet smart alecs who seem to think it is their god given right to be judge, jury, and executioner to everyone who has ever pirated something.

Virgin are doing this for one reason, and one reason only. To be tight and save themselves from upgrading their network, and if this plan does come to fruition I will be ditching my services pronto.
As I read elsewhere
Quote:
The internet is far bigger than Virginmedia, and if they are so stupid
as to target their own customers and risk losing the revenue
you have to think that if they are jumping on P2P, then is P2P the main thing that is costing them money? if it is then they aren't going to make any money if you tell these people that they have to go and pay another ISP because we don't want your money.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
Feel free to ditch your service. You'll struggle to find an ISP that doesn't traffic shape and has no intention of doing so,
Scaremongering?

Quote:
especially as more and more people start using bandwidth heavy applications.
Virgins worst nightmare that.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote