Old 10-08-2008, 17:09   #13611
wecpc
Inactive

wecpc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digbert View Post
Does anyone here subscribe to PC Pro.

I'm seething at this month's edition (October 2008), in particular an article by Davey Winder "BT 2008 Information Security Journalist of the Year"

The article is 'Is Phorm good or bad' Davey Winder investigates.
It contains nothing but quotes from Phorm, various media agencies and 'experienced' marketing hands.
He also does the usual comparisons with clubcards and Google. Protestors are summed up as "The media feeding frenzy, both in print and online has been encouraged by privacy advocates and opinionated bloggers alike.

The article concludes with "If you want free content, you need advertising - get over it".

Well I've got over it, I've cancelled my subscription and I've emailed them to tell them why.
I subscribe to PC Pro also and although I have yet to receive the October edition, I have just done likewise and emailed them as well as writing to them for a full refund for unsent copies, which you have to do for a refund. I have also done likewise with a sister magazine Custom PC. You have to whatever is necessary to STOP PHORM and you can only do this by voting with your feet as I did with BT also.

Colin