View Single Post
Old 22-03-2008, 16:22   #1629
Mesmer
Inactive

Mesmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Hi Everyone

I'm a new member of this forum and I confess I haven't read every single message concerning this contentious issue. Please forgive me if I cover a topic that has already been exhausted.

CW's decision to sign up with Phorm was regrettable. However, they should be given some credit for giving a relatively prompt assurance that they will not mirror, intercept or permit Phorm surveillance of data unless the customer concerned actively chooses to opt in.

Virgin's vague marketing type statement about customers being able to keep their Internet experience just as it is now simply isn't good enough. Virgin need to make some clear unambiguous statements that properly address all the legitimate concerns put to them by their customers. Perhaps, Virgin would do well to consider the potential damage caused by a further erosion of customer confidence if they continue their deafening silence on this topic.

Does anyone have any idea of what Virgin's obligations are concerning their "provisional" contract with Phorm? It would be helpful to know what they mean by provisional and whether or not they could become liable to pay damages for breach of contract.