View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 16:59   #886
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

I been thinking about the way PHORM works.

I can see what will happen it will cripple VM ISP. Like I said in a past comment it would not be suprised why we have had issues in the past as VM trialed something on monitoring.

Just think of all of us accessing the web and searching, browsing downloading at some point it will have a cap. To boot them spamming all there rubbish adverts to all and sundry. What happens when the PHORM cap hits its limit it will break.

I have been thinking if done by accident by there sheer volume (not exactly hard with VM fragile nature) or deliberately trying to deceive your footprint you can see what will happen. I really can see there will be users flood to try and give false profiling. All this in my opinion WILL slow down the web for VM users and possible cripple it.

In the end VM will scrap it because it WILL become totally unworkable.

I actually think it really will be quite easy to make a false profile by using a program to try deceive your normal browsing.