View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 17:27   #622
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech team View Post
You might be interested in the video piece on techcrunch today:
http://uk.techcrunch.com/2008/03/06/...ther-tracking/

No doubt it will raise as many questions as it answers. Mike (who started all the excellent debate in the first place) I'll drop you a line to see if you'd like to come in to see us or have a chat with our CEO or tech team.

Best wishes,
techteam (techteam@phorm.com)
Thanks for that link - I've just watched the video in it's entirety, and I would recommend others here to give it a whirl. I'm still not convinced as to the security of this system, but some of the information provided was interesting: questions about server locations, opt-outs and Mr. Ertugrul's past businesses were asked and answered (although he did look mightily nervous during some of it).
Some advice to the companies involved here: it was a BIG mistake to announce the deal to introduce this system and then leave a complete information vacuum until closer to roll-out time. People in the UK DO care about their privacy and security and it seems that someone, somewhere made an assumption that nobody would kick-up much of a fuss about this, so we don't need to trouble them with any details about how it will work or what it will do. WRONG!!