View Single Post
Old 13-01-2008, 12:05   #22
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin VoD vs. Sky Anytime - Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Actually Sky Anytime downloads shows selected from across the full spectrum of Sky DTV Channels but you can only watch shows from channels to which you are subscribed. This of course leads to half of your HDD being filled up with shows you cannot watch which is doubly annoying. It is purely a marketing tool and not a very good one at that because of it's high annoyance rating. For instance although I know it won't regain any HDD space I have turned it off purely out of spite. This service is, regrettably, a negative point to what is otherwise almost a flawless service.

VM's VOD idea was good but let down by poor implementation. In my case it was quite regularly unavailable or crashed the STB. When I did get in I found the content extremely haphazard with eps missing or duplicated or complete series just disappearing and even complete sections just becoming completely devoid of content. After a while I just gave up on accessing it.
As for catchup TV, well I found, more often than not, it wasn't even updated for days and days on end. The choice of shows available was also completely catch as catch can. IMO it has a very limited worth and is really just in the realms of a gimmick.
Of particular annoyance was the number of shows on both services that were marked as WS but which in fact dispayed as 4:3. A bit of crafty BW frugality on VM's part I presume.

Agreed, current HDD space is going to be quite insufficient for HD.
Cant argue one bit with this post
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote