View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 15:06   #63
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic
Re: favourite football matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
Again, I didn't say it was just Man Utd.

There's nothing wrong with having supporters clubs around the country. As I said, people don't live and die in the street anymore. If I moved to Manchester, i'd still passionately support Spurs.

What's wrong, and a blight on football are little kids who choose what team to support by looking at a results table or because of one charismatic player. What if everyone supported the same team? The future of football relies on diverse, geographical support for all teams.
I understand the points you make, I was merely stating, it's always directed at Man U. Liverpool were doing it for years, and nothing was mentioned. And even now, they have thousands of out of towners, and still the focus is on Man U. This makes me laugh no end.

As a Man U fan, I take no pride, in so many out of towners, and indeed, people from other countries supporting them. It's because of this that many locals aren't going to games anymore (as well as the extortionate prices being charged). But as has been said, people have the freedom to watch who they like.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote