View Single Post
Old 31-07-2007, 12:47   #2
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Netgear Router Slows Down My Broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlinux View Post
I have netgear router and use the netgear adaptor and for some strange reason I get 800KB/s off my 10mb connection but when the sacm connect to the pc direct I get the full 10mb and the strange thing is when I use my wirless the adaptor is very close to the router as I only need the wireless for the xbox 360

I have tryed all the channels and still the same

Router Spec

Netgear Router - WGR614 v2 - Telewest Freebe

Adaptor Spec -WG111 - pc World

can someone please help me btw I have a black surfboard as my modem

Ok is 800k per second file download speed or browsing speed ?

Wireless securty WEP/WPA will cause some slowdown on your connection, as will the fact the router is running a stateful packet inspection firewall.

Check to see on the router if respond to ICMP is disabled on the wan port, If so enable it.

From the user manual :-

Configuring WAN Setup OptionsThe WAN Setup options let you configure a DMZ server, change the MTU size and enable the router to respond to a Ping on the WAN port. These options are discussed below

Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port If you want the router to respond to a 'ping' from the Internet, click the ‘Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port’ check box. This should only be used as a diagnostic tool, since it allows your router to be discovered. Don't check this box unless you have a specific reason to do so.

mrmistoffelees is offline   Reply With Quote