View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 10:06   #15
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: virgin Media-NTL Group rip off customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
I consulted Ofcom and apparently its not illegal for the NTL Group to do this. They said only BT is restricted to do this because of its pre-dominant position. This excludes BT softphone,BT Mobile and voip.

I called someone this morning, and after they put the phone down, I heard those 3 bleeps which nokia phones play when the call is terminated. So how can you explain this.

Ok, so its not illegal if they are using sim boxes, but if they are shouldn't they reduce call rates, it would be better if they did because they'd get more custom.
Did you consult Ofcom this morning, because at 23.03 last night you stated
Quote:
If so I think everyone reading this who is experiencing this problem should make Ofcom aware as I believe its illegal in the UK to use sim boxes for commercial use.
erm, I have had nokia phones since the early 90's, and I have never heard "three beeps", except when my battery was empty (it's in the 6120 manual). This might help allay your fears re "three beeps"
3beeps
"3. Occasionally when I dial a number, I hear three beeps and the call disconnects. Why?
A. If you hear three "even" beeps, the network is busy due to high call volume. If you hear three escalating beeps, that usually means the mobile phone is not getting a signal. At least two bars of signal strength should show on your screen to successfully make or receive a call. "

Don't take this the wrong way, m419, but it appears you are shaping the evidence to back up your theory, then changing your accusations when other evidence is submitted.

How would NTL/Telewest top-up all these payg sims? Send one of the CS staff with a list of numbers and a cashcard to the local ATM?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote