Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : Season 2016/2017 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703183)

denphone 21-08-2016 10:58

Re: Football Season 2016/2017

Indeed that is what l read as well but alas my dear Arthur has got his rose tinted glasses on l think in regards to the match and Chelsea.;)

iadom 21-08-2016 13:32

Just watching United reserves v Boro in this relegation six pointer. :D

denphone 21-08-2016 13:41

Watch it as Dave might be a tad unhappy with that remark old boy.;)

iadom 21-08-2016 13:53

I didn't know Mr Moyes was a forum member. :p:

However I might be a little unfair Boro ATM.

adzii_nufc 23-08-2016 18:05

Both Andre Yedlin and Alan Judge will be confirmed as Newcastle players tomorrow, both in Newcastle for medicals.

Newcastle have also opened talks with Bas Dost. Getting the player to drop Wolfsburg for the Championship is something that will likely see him either become Newcastle's record signing or highest paid player.

Newcastle furthering the championship spending record. All three would take the new signings to 11 players.

Daryl Janmaat is set to leave. Krul to Ajax, Sissoko is expected to move to Milan for £30-£35 million.

TheDaddy 23-08-2016 18:06

Janmaat to west ham for 3 million, possibly...

adzii_nufc 23-08-2016 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35855540)
Janmaat to west ham for 3 million, possibly...

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...le-this-summer

Think it's around £10 million

That's a bargain to be fair, West Ham would have a great player. A lot of the times last season he was Newcastle's best attacking threat. I can give Sissoko crap but Janmaat is a good class, if he wanted to leave he's kept his gob shut in public and still put in a shift in the meantime, can't fault him. It's thought he was left out at Bristol City because they wanted to assess whether he'd like to stay or not before Newcastle signed another defender, that deal is now going through.

I think he'd prefer West Ham over Watford though, moving to Watford is risky.

TheDaddy 23-08-2016 20:18

It's been reported that he's in the last year of his contract

adzii_nufc 23-08-2016 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35855582)
It's been reported that he's in the last year of his contract

Should still have 4 years on him
http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-six-year-deal

But, whether there's a form of relegation clause is anyone's guess and could play a big part. I don't think there'll be a holdout for £10 million though, they have the replacement and are now paying two wages for the same first team position. West Ham aren't Liverpool and won't just blindly pull out millions out of desperation. I think if it goes ahead they'll find a middle price on him.

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Claudio Bravo set to sign for City meaning Jasper to Barcelona and Tim Krul will leave Newcastle for Ajax shortly.

Daryl Janmaat set for Watford Medical £7.5m

TheDaddy 24-08-2016 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35855583)
Should still have 4 years on him
http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-six-year-deal

But, whether there's a form of relegation clause is anyone's guess and could play a big part. I don't think there'll be a holdout for £10 million though, they have the replacement and are now paying two wages for the same first team position. West Ham aren't Liverpool and won't just blindly pull out millions out of desperation. I think if it goes ahead they'll find a middle price on him.

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Claudio Bravo set to sign for City meaning Jasper to Barcelona and Tim Krul will leave Newcastle for Ajax shortly.

Daryl Janmaat set for Watford Medical £7.5m

Darn it, hammers could do with him, only have one in young Sam Byron, bilic is convinced he can turn antonio into a right back but he can't

adzii_nufc 24-08-2016 01:35

Is a shame. West Ham would've been far better for him. I think he's basically moved from Newcastle to Newcastle. Well Newcastle of old anyway.

West Ham are secure and will mount charges for Europe. Watford on the other hand without being horrible aren't exactly a step up from his usual.

Still he didn't pull a Sissoko.

West Ham should probably be looking at Debuchy now then. Another Solid player we had at right back and would cost less than Janmaat. He's already in London so would favour West Ham.

Sam Byram will make his charge soon enough, always been a highly rated one for the future.

TheDaddy 24-08-2016 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35855627)
Is a shame. West Ham would've been far better for him. I think he's basically moved from Newcastle to Newcastle. Well Newcastle of old anyway.

West Ham are secure and will mount charges for Europe. Watford on the other hand without being horrible aren't exactly a step up from his usual.

Still he didn't pull a Sissoko.

West Ham should probably be looking at Debuchy now then. Another Solid player we had at right back and would cost less than Janmaat. He's already in London so would favour West Ham.

Sam Byram will make his charge soon enough, always been a highly rated one for the future.

Debuchy is old, I'm hoping we can get in quick and pinch him but the chairman had open heart surgery yesterday so I'm not hopeful. I like byram he's not ready for top flight football week in week out and antonio will never be a right back or even a wing back. Apparently Krul is signing a new deal and will only be going on loan to Ajax, smart move for all parties.

thenry 24-08-2016 15:07

Debuchy was a sound acquisition until he got injured :mad::(

adzii_nufc 24-08-2016 15:19

Daryl Janmaat completes move to Watford.

DeAndre Yedlin completes move to Newcastle. Newcastle expected to sign injured Alan Judge shortly and will round off the window with a striker, at the minute that appears to be Bas Dost who is continuing in talks with Newcastle, presumably a player of his stature is looking to secure non promotion clauses.

thenry 27-08-2016 17:45

Arsenal played well today. The midfield wasn't a cause for concern until the second half where reinforcement were required. Xhaka played a big part, he has an eye for a pass and offers long passes. The transfer fee became apparent. Hopefully Arsenal can mount a title challenge with the two additions of Mustafi and Perez. Sick and tired of being out of it from pretty much the get go yet have resources to be in the mix!