Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Billing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   VM took money early this month (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705240)

JPAC 07-08-2017 22:56

VM took money early this month

Anyone else or just me? Sent me a letter telling me.

daveeb 08-08-2017 19:18

Re: VM took money early this month

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPAC (Post 35911366)
Anyone else or just me? Sent me a letter telling me.

Did the letter not offer any explanation ? Seems odd, never had that myself and had cable services since mid 90's.

nomadking 08-08-2017 19:34

Don't they have to give advance notice of what they are going to take out? I get an email about 2 weeks in advance. Have they taken it out yet, or is it just the advance notice?

JPAC 08-08-2017 20:57

Just says "We've made a mistake with your Direct Debit... due to a technical hitch..." It's the usual amount but took it earlier in the month. I get notice by email three weeks in advance.
It ends" Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for this error. Kind regards, Mark Davidson, Executive Director".

As you say odd, as I've been with 'VM' since the early 90s, not happened before. Bit worrying though.

APS 09-08-2017 14:09

Happened to me too (I am near Nottingham so maybe the same billing area). I received the letter of apology yesterday.

RichardCoulter 13-08-2017 14:30

I'd be looking for compensation, particularly if this 'error' resulted in bank charges or interest being applied.

Think about it, if your money was three weeks late in arriving, VM wouldn't accept a letter of apology to end the matter.

I had my services interrupted within a week after my (now ex) bank the Co-op messed up my Direct Debits some years ago; also a friend who was a former customer had his debt referred to a debt collection agency within days of receiving his final bill.

I believe that there are now late payment fees and/or a deposit required.

This must have done their cash flow & debt interest payments no end of good...

JPAC 14-08-2017 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35912259)
I'd be looking for compensation, particularly if this 'error' resulted in bank charges or interest being applied.

Think about it, if your money was three weeks late in arriving, VM wouldn't accept a letter of apology to end the matter.

I had my services interrupted within a week after my (now ex) bank the Co-op messed up my Direct Debits some years ago; also a friend who was a former customer had his debt referred to a debt collection agency within days of receiving his final bill.

I believe that there are now late payment fees and/or a deposit required.

This must have done their cash flow & debt interest payments no end of good...

Good points there, it could have been very nasty.

My friend recently got his car clamped due to error in Direct Debits, still trying to sort it out.

This VM error will be used in the annual 'haggle with VM price increase' talks.

RichardCoulter 19-08-2017 06:50

:idea: