Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Virgin programmes to Tablet (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705874)

nashville 31-12-2017 14:31

Virgin programmes to Tablet

I was reading about watching programmes from my Virgin Media on a Tablet. Does it work on a Amazon fire 10.1 or is it only certain tablets. I still have to buy the Tablet waiting for the sales. Any advice Please..

MalteseFalcon 01-01-2018 14:25

Re: Virgin programmes to Tablet

From what I believe, but am probably wrong, as long as you can install the app on your tablet you can watch it. Only thing is, it has to be on the same network if using WiFi. Tried watching something from my TiVo at my mum's but it said I had to be on same network as the TiVo. Haven't tried using 4G on my mobile yet though with it.

Paul 01-01-2018 14:29

Moved out of Articles forum.

nashville 01-01-2018 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon (Post 35930615)
From what I believe, but am probably wrong, as long as you can install the app on your tablet you can watch it. Only thing is, it has to be on the same network if using WiFi. Tried watching something from my TiVo at my mum's but it said I had to be on same network as the TiVo. Haven't tried using 4G on my mobile yet though with it.

Thanks for the help, ;)

Raider999 01-01-2018 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35930627)
Thanks for the help, ;)

From my experience, the content that you can download is extremely limited.

Many channels are not transferable, the option to download is not there on these channels - very frustrating.

As I understand it, the downloads can be viewed anywhere with either a broadband or 3G/4g connection since the new version of the app - however I may have misunderstood this

nashville 01-01-2018 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35930633)
From my experience, the content that you can download is extremely limited.

Many channels are not transferable, the option to download is not there on these channels - very frustrating.

As I understand it, the downloads can be viewed anywhere with either a broadband or 3G/4g connection since the new version of the app - however I may have misunderstood this

Thanks

RobboEdin 01-01-2018 18:10

The point of downloading is so you don’t need any internet connection.

Raider999 01-01-2018 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35930643)
The point of downloading is so you don’t need any internet connection.

I thought the point was that you could watch your recordings when away from home, irrespective of availability of Internet connection.

pengedragon 02-01-2018 08:48

does the new streaming app definitely work with kindle fires, is anyone able to confirm that ?

nodrogd 02-01-2018 10:25

My understanding was that the new functionality is only applicable to customers with V6 boxes & not the bog standard TiVO.

Sirius 02-01-2018 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 35930687)
My understanding was that the new functionality is only applicable to customers with V6 boxes & not the bog standard TiVO.

That was the impression i had as well