Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   General : New build with Virgin Media branded ethernet sockets - what to expect? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704486)

pip08456 13-07-2017 14:03

Re: New build with Virgin Media branded ethernet sockets - what to expect?

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35907655)
Yes this just requires a coax euro module, Mike drop me a line with your details and I will get this sorted for you.

Thought that might be your reply. I still can't understand when the complaint was put in it was closed as "up to VM standard". Perhaps the standards need to change and the ability of the install techs to have the ability to order the modules so that issues like this don't rise again.

weesteev 13-07-2017 14:16

The modules aren't a standard fit at the moment as they require a barrel isolator... these are retained for faults issues as they used to be used as a sneaky way of extending a drop cable. The process is being looked at just now but what should be happening is the euro module insert should be left unconnected at second fix but for whatever reason this hasn't happened here.

Not great to be honest, will make sure this is fed back to the relevant teams and we tighten things up a bit.

pip08456 13-07-2017 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35907660)
The modules aren't a standard fit at the moment as they require a barrel isolator... these are retained for faults issues as they used to be used as a sneaky way of extending a drop cable. The process is being looked at just now but what should be happening is the euro module insert should be left unconnected at second fix but for whatever reason this hasn't happened here.

Not great to be honest, will make sure this is fed back to the relevant teams and we tighten things up a bit.

I understand what you are saying Steve but without you getting the feedback from customers...

Mikeferne 13-07-2017 14:53

Thanks, I have PM' you. If VM don't do the phone socket only extension, fair enough.

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35907644)
The document actually refers to Telco euro modules as extensions, not masters. The Openreach guide specifically states not to deploy master sockets in a media plate either, they still require an NTE5 as we require a master socket for testing.

I've seen master sockets as euro modules. They have a yellow component on the back. TLC direct sell them for £10 Are these not the same thing?

weesteev 13-07-2017 14:59

They are Mike but Virgin Media wont connect them, the master socket can be utilised as a slave but for a VM installer to connect a phone socket it would have to be into a standard phone socket unit. Have responded to your message, we will get this sorted for you ASAP.