Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

MalteseFalcon 15-01-2018 14:45

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Been put on a course of beta blockers as I was starting to have panic attacks going to work. Gotta give them a month to see what happens.

weenie 15-01-2018 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon (Post 35932614)
Been put on a course of beta blockers as I was starting to have panic attacks going to work. Gotta give them a month to see what happens.

Hope they work for you Mark as it cannot be nice having panic attacks on a daily basis.

Well I can confirm that my endoscopy once again did not go well and the hospital will need to discuss how and what they plan to do about my symptoms, if they do nothing then that is fine by me as I can assure you I will never have this test done ever again either with sedation or throat spray.

I just cannot do this test and that's that. Hubby has been looking at how much this would be private and I told him not to bother, trust me I will not budge on this one, in fact I take my hat off to anyone who can do this test, I can't.

My hubby asked me to describe it and I can only say for me it was truly horrendous on both occasions, I would not wish this on anyone...

I do feel I have let my family down but I just can't do this test, as that is twice I have tried and twice I have failed not to mention the waste of money I have now cost the NHS :(

nashville 15-01-2018 18:38

Sorry to hear this Weenie, this test is definately not for you ,even if it was private it would probable be the same procedure, Hope they can find another solution for you,
Take Care

weenie 15-01-2018 19:23

No it is not nash, I'm going to see my consultant next week so we will see what he has to say.

MalteseFalcon 15-01-2018 19:55

You haven't let anyone down weenie, you tried to do the test and you can't. Your comfort has to come first, and I am sure the doctors will be able to find a test for you.

TheDaddy 15-01-2018 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon (Post 35932665)
You haven't let anyone down weenie, you tried to do the test and you can't. Your comfort has to come first, and I am sure the doctors will be able to find a test for you.

Ditto those thoughts

tweetiepooh 16-01-2018 11:30

I may have mentioned before but only way my hospital managed to get my endoscopy was under a general. Even both local and sedation didn't work. This was NHS not private.

nashville 16-01-2018 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35932661)
No it is not nash, I'm going to see my consultant next week so we will see what he has to say.

Keep us up to date Weenie

weenie 17-01-2018 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 35932723)
I may have mentioned before but only way my hospital managed to get my endoscopy was under a general. Even both local and sedation didn't work. This was NHS not private.

tweetiepooh, it looks like I will be getting this test done under GA.

My consultants secretary has just phoned and asked me if I would consider this test under a GA and I said yes, she said excellent and she would now be contacting the appointment booking office. I'm so relieved as I know I need this test and I'm just so relieved that this has been offered to myself.

I still do not know how anyone can manage this test with just the throat spray, sedation or both.

Like I say I found this to be truly horrendous on both occasions.

nashville 17-01-2018 11:38

Glad you will be getting the GA to get things sorted out, Take Care

weenie 17-01-2018 14:11

Oh nash I was so pleased when I got the call and a solution was offered.

nashville 17-01-2018 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35932866)
Oh nash I was so pleased when I got the call and a solution was offered.

You can content yourself now, I get one every two years but I am fine with a sedative ;)

dilli-theclaw 17-01-2018 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35932845)
tweetiepooh, it looks like I will be getting this test done under GA.

My consultants secretary has just phoned and asked me if I would consider this test under a GA and I said yes, she said excellent and she would now be contacting the appointment booking office. I'm so relieved as I know I need this test and I'm just so relieved that this has been offered to myself.

I still do not know how anyone can manage this test with just the throat spray, sedation or both.

Like I say I found this to be truly horrendous on both occasions.

Glad you’ve got a solution.

—————-

I’ve just got back from an op on my leg. Really tired but hope it feels better soon.

nashville 17-01-2018 18:03

Hope your leg heals soon Dill

weenie 17-01-2018 18:15

Hope your feeling better soon dilli :) take care x