Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

nashville 08-12-2014 17:38

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

I think I will just moan because it is very cold here.

dilli-theclaw 08-12-2014 17:47

Hhhmmmm
Hospital
Scottish power

That'll do for now :)

heero_yuy 08-12-2014 17:50

Chavs and their unruly brats.

dilli-theclaw 08-12-2014 17:51

I read 'unruly breasts' then. Damn my eyes :)

heero_yuy 08-12-2014 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35745695)

Chavs with unruly breasts. :erm:

dilli-theclaw 08-12-2014 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35745697)
Chavs with unruly breasts. :erm:

yup, it must be said I can think of a few.

TheDaddy 09-12-2014 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35745695)

To be fair though you could've quite easily read it as that before your eye troubles

heero_yuy 09-12-2014 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35745694)
Chavs and their unruly brats.

Popped in for a pint today and had a chat with the staff: Apparently the chavs and brats stayed till 11pm and virtually wrecked the place. The police were called out TWICE!

Now if that was my bar they'd have been chucked out at 4:30 and banned for life. In my town it's banned in one, banned in all. I couldn't believe that people could be so badly behaved: Adults and brats.:mad:

Hom3r 09-12-2014 21:03

Still don't know if the company I work for is going to be sold.

But fuff that I have more important thing to worry about.

(NOT a moan) Like doing a full days work, come home cook tea, put clothes in washing machine, do the weekly shopping as my mums not allowed to do anything until mid January.

weenie 09-12-2014 21:26

That's rotten that you still do not know anything about the company you work for Hom3r. I hope your Mum is recovering well. Your Mum must be so proud at having such a caring son.

dilli-theclaw 10-12-2014 09:23

Patient transport - AGAIN!

Grr.

denphone 10-12-2014 09:27

Has it not arrived again dilli?.

dilli-theclaw 10-12-2014 09:27

Nope - I called the hospital who are trying to sort it out - but at a guess i'd say it's too late now.

rhyds 10-12-2014 09:55

Electrical retail customer service. Allow me to explain...

Last night, I get a call from my mother telling me her microwave has waved its last. So, being the dutiful son (and living the closest to an electrical shop of any description) I do an online reserve at the nearest Currys (30 miles away). The email says my order will be ready for collection within 1 hour. As it takes just about that to drive through traffic to get there I was quite sure it would be a case of walk in, give my reservation number, pay for microwave and then walk out with it.

When I got there the shop was pretty much empty, so I ask one of the shop floor staff to help me with the order, expecting to be shown to the till and have the microwave brought from "out the back" or similar. Oh how wrong i was....

First of all the chap leads me to the microwave display and asks me to help him find the right one. I found one which looked similar to the website picture but was labeled as a "conventional oven" for £60 or so more than the website listed it. Naturally I assumed this wasn't the microwave oven I was looking for. 10 mins of looking later, and resorting to checking the model number of the order against the whole gamut of microwaves it turns out the one I'd spotted the first time was in fact a microwave, rather than conventional oven, and was indeed up for £70 and not £130.

So the chap now grabs the microwave and takes it towards the checkout, but not before bashing it in to the odd end of row display on the way.

And of course I was asked if I wanted a £15 extended warranty on it...

heero_yuy 10-12-2014 10:02

Did you check the plug and internal fuses of the old one? :Sprint: