Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Is Apple company evil? If yes how? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705903)

truthspeaker 07-01-2018 23:11

Is Apple company evil? If yes how?

why android users hate Apple, iPhone so much?

denphone 08-01-2018 05:20

Re: Is Apple company evil? If yes how?

No Apple ain't evil as if you make a good product then you should reap the dividend's of it.

Sirius 08-01-2018 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by truthspeaker (Post 35931499)

I could ask the same why do apple users hate android users so much ?

Hugh 08-01-2018 13:20

Well, I have an Android phone (1plus3), an iPad Pro, and a Windows 10 PC - eclectic or confused, up to you....

Stephen 08-01-2018 13:32

I have an android phone and tablet and an Apple Macbook Pro and iMac.

So Apple are not evil. I like the computers but prefer the android OS for mobile use as its more open.

Dave42 08-01-2018 13:35

of course they not evil

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35931508)
No Apple ain't evil as if you make a good product then you should reap the dividend's of it.

yes good products love my iPhone and ipad just little overpriced they could lower it and still make massive profit

Paul 08-01-2018 14:18

Quote:

Is Apple company evil?

How can a company be evil ?

Quote:

Who says they do ?

Carth 08-01-2018 14:48

Is Apple company evil?

No more so than Microsoft . . or Google, Amazon, Sky, House of Lords, Planning Inspectors, Traffic Wardens, local kebab shops or even that nice Mrs Miggins who owns the pie shoppe :p:

truthspeaker 08-01-2018 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35931555)
How can a company be evil ?

Who says they do ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVsMLwJIAg&t=1s

Paul 08-01-2018 19:27

Thats your answer ?

A 12 minute youtube video isnt much help in a text based forum.

Stephen 09-01-2018 08:40

Aside from linking to a random YT video about someone thoughts. What are your actual thoughts?

Maggy 09-01-2018 09:01

As far as I'm concerned you make your choice and you pay the money..My reasons for not choosing apple is cost. No one company is evil but also no one company is necessarily more altruistic than another..all have some questionable practices.

Stuart 09-01-2018 13:15

Truthspeaker, how about we hear your truth. Your opinion?

Personally, I feel that Apple is no better or worse than any other company. I am an experienced Mac user, and own a Mac Mini, Mac Laptop, iPhone, iPad, a home built PC running Windows 10, and also a Kindle Fire HD Tablet..

Regarding which I prefer, I like the way Apple stuff generally works well together (which was not my experience with a Windows PC and Windows Mobile), but I believe you should pick the right tool for the job. I am a gamer, yet because Macs (even running Windows) are not good gaming machines, I don't play games on the Mac. I do play some games on my iOS devices.

Android, for me, does it's job well, but not quite as well as iOS.

Regarding their corporate practices, I don't believe Apple are any better or worse than any other company. They get more attention from the media because they have a higher profile, but all companies will happily pay their staff the minimum they can get away with, and charge as much as they think customers will pay. Regarding conditions in their factories, I am not defending Apple, but do you really think Samsung, Sony, LG or any of the electronics companies treat their workers any better?

Regarding "price gouging", yes, you do pay more than the price for an equivalent PC, but most PC manufacturers are reporting minimal profits, or even losses, with only the larger companies reporting sustainable profit levels. Maybe PCs are too cheap? The market certainly seems to be crashing.

Sirius 09-01-2018 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35931701)
Truthspeaker, how about we hear your truth. Your opinion?

Personally, I feel that Apple is no better or worse than any other company. I am an experienced Mac user, and own a Mac Mini, Mac Laptop, iPhone, iPad, a home built PC running Windows 10, and also a Kindle Fire HD Tablet..

Regarding which I prefer, I like the way Apple stuff generally works well together (which was not my experience with a Windows PC and Windows Mobile), but I believe you should pick the right tool for the job. I am a gamer, yet because Macs (even running Windows) are not good gaming machines, I don't play games on the Mac. I do play some games on my iOS devices.

Android, for me, does it's job well, but not quite as well as iOS.

Regarding their corporate practices, I don't believe Apple are any better or worse than any other company. They get more attention from the media because they have a higher profile, but all companies will happily pay their staff the minimum they can get away with, and charge as much as they think customers will pay. Regarding conditions in their factories, I am not defending Apple, but do you really think Samsung, Sony, LG or any of the electronics companies treat their workers any better?

Regarding "price gouging", yes, you do pay more than the price for an equivalent PC, but most PC manufacturers are reporting minimal profits, or even losses, with only the larger companies reporting sustainable profit levels. Maybe PCs are too cheap? The market certainly seems to be crashing.

Excellent post and hits the nail on the head :clap:

jb66 09-01-2018 14:55

They dont use a standard USB port, the only reason for doing this is to try and fleece as much money out of customers as possibe