Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Epson printer (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705920)

nashville 12-01-2018 13:39

Epson printer

My Epson SX425 printer and scanner will not print from the Internet but is printing if I use words etc, it is scanning fine, This happened as my neighbour was changing my ink cartridge, I think she must have touched something by mistake , I have Windows 10. I tried to copy a receipt on an Email, Could someone tell me how to fix this please.

alanbjames 12-01-2018 13:52

Re: Epson printer

When u say will not print does it do anything at all?

nashville 12-01-2018 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanbjames (Post 35932176)
When u say will not print does it do anything at all?

When I go to print from an email for a receipt etc, the message does not transfer on the printing page .

arcimedes 12-01-2018 15:15

As I understand if you print a MS Word file held on your PC it prints OK. How are you accessing your email? It sounds as if you connect to your emails by logging on some where out in the internet. Can you write down the exact sequence of commands you do (dont put in anything that can identify your location or security)

nashville 12-01-2018 15:48

I bring up my email which was a receipt, went to the three red lines click on print, the Epson page comes up but it stays blank, it should come up with my receipt on it, ready to print

arcimedes 12-01-2018 16:30

Yes I understand what happens. I have just done a test like yours but using an HP printer and that works OK. I dont see how anything done to the epson should affect it assuming it behaves in the same way as the HP software. I would reinstall the epson software on the PC which might just cure it. If not the suggestion that neighbour damaged something is a possibility.

oliver1948uk 12-01-2018 16:39

When Windows 10 on my PC automatically updated to something called Anniversary (I think) it immediately stopped printing even though the screen described above appeared.

I managed to roll back to how it was before the update and magically the printer worked again perfectly and has done ever since.

This was a couple of months ago. Thankfully it has not tried to do that update again . . . yet.

nashville 12-01-2018 17:42

Thanks , I will get her son to look at it as he is a good computer guy, When he is available

Maggy 13-01-2018 10:32

The OP is probably not going to like my suggestion which is to ditch Epson printers altogether. After 5 flaky Epson printers I switched to another company entirely and I've had no issues in the last 3 years compared to the weekly dramas of the past.

pip08456 13-01-2018 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35932325)
The OP is probably not going to like my suggestion which is to ditch Epson printers altogether. After 5 flaky Epson printers I switched to another company entirely and I've had no issues in the last 3 years compared to the weekly dramas of the past.

My epson printer is 7yrs old now and still works perfectly. It is not just used occsionally either. It has been and still is a good workhorse.

heero_yuy 13-01-2018 11:42

Likewise my Stylus 680 is still going strong even though it's not used daily and is fueled by non-Epson carts or my refills.

There is one possibility nash: There are ink absorbing pads in the printer and after enough cleaning cycles the printer assumes they're full and won't work again. There is a way to reset this but you'll need to Google for it as I can't remember how it's done.

raging bull 13-01-2018 11:51

My SX425 still running as sweet as a nut, running on compatible inks and Windows 10 drivers.

heero_yuy 13-01-2018 12:13

Turns out the SSC service utility will be able to do the reset for you.

Source

This handy utility should be installed anyway as it allows you to clean selected nozzles rather than waste ink on a full clean as well as other useful features like reporting the amount of ink currently in the carts. I use it often.

nashville 13-01-2018 13:51

will keep you up to date,

alanbjames 13-01-2018 15:35

Have u tried installing the latest driver?